How to be happily single on Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is coming up and there are all kinds of thoughts and opinions about this holiday. My approach, as you know, is to be positive and look for the benefits that life brings to us. With that in mind, today I will be writing to you a list of the benefits of being single on Valentine's Day. Enjoy!
It's all in the attitude. There are some who feel lonely, sad, even depressed when Valentine's Day rolls around and they are single. However, if you think about how many people are in unhappy, disappointing and dysfunctional relationships, being alone is not so bad. As Ann Landers once said, "It is better to be alone, than wishing you were." If you or a friend is presently single, why not use this time to focus on the benefits of being single. Use this time to work on yourself and focus on the kind of relationship you want to attract into your life. Look at the patterns in your past relationships. Work on becoming comfortable in your own skin, enjoy the freedom that being single gives you.
I hope these points will help make this Valentine's Day a happy one for you. Here are some perks to being single on Valentine's Day.
View all articles
- Freedom. As a single person, you can do what you want, when you want. You are not accountable to anyone.
- You don't have to compromise or negotiate your needs or preferences.
- Your time is your own.
- You have the time and space to focus on you; your career, your health, developing new friendships and achieving self-improvement goals.
- No in-laws to stress over.
- No need to try to please him or her.
- No worrying about what he or she thinks,; whether you've done something wrong, or how to deal with their bad mood.
- Your space is all your own. You can decorate or choose to be messy... who will know? No one to judge.
- There are no dramas, or co-dependent needs to deal with.
- Your money is your own. No need to explain why or how you want to spend your money.
- You don't need to stress about what your partner's friend thinks about you and if you fit it.
- You don't have to wonder if there is someone better out there.
- You don't have to worry about breaking up with or being broken up with your partner
- You are safe.
- Use this time wisely. Focus on what you appreciate in your life today. Look at what you would like your life to look like over the next 6 months and make a plan on how to achieve it. Then celebrate your accomplishments. You are enough just being you!