How self-confidant are you? Most of us think we are pretty self-confidant, yet we often wonder why we aren't getting more out of life. What stops us from taking risks? What keeps us stuck in dead end jobs, or unhappy relationships. Could we possibly be less confidant than we think? Why not take this quiz and find out?
The Self-Confidence Quiz
Ask yourselves these questions, and answer with a yes or a no. Then add them up.
- Do you feel uncomfortable being around other people?
- Do you something worry that others are criticizing or judging you.
- Do you find it very intimating to speak up and assert yourself?
- Do you get very nervous or fearful whenever it is time for your work evaluation?
- Do you panic when you have to speak in public?
- Do you find it stressful to use a public bathroom?
- Do you worry when you think about inviting a friend over for a social outing?
- Do you find yourself avoiding social situations because of your discomfort being with other people?
- Do you feel alone, even when surrounded by friends?
- Do you suffer with sweaty palms, trembling, chest pains, dizziness, lightheadedness, fear of dying, fear of going crazy, fear of losing control, irritability, headaches, frustration, inability to concentrate, difficulty falling asleep?
- Do you often worry about the "what ifs" of every situation?
- Do you wonder if you will ever be able to stop worrying?
- Do people tell you that you should "chill out" and that you worry too much?
- Do you feel that if you don't do something perfectly, than others will judge you?
- Do you find yourselves going over things over and over again?
- Do you focus on the thought that you may have inadvertently hurt someone or yourself, or done something very wrong?
- Do you worry about having every sort of disease you see on TV or read in a book or hear over the news?
- Do you find it hard to make decisions and keep on second-guessing yourself?
- Do you think that other's opinions are better or more valuable than your own?
- Do you find that even when things go well, you can't really let yourself fully enjoy it and start looking for all the possible negatives in the situation?
If you scored "yes" to 6 or more of these questions, you probably have some issues with anxiety and a lack of confidence. The good news is that anxiety is a habit of thinking and
all habits can be changed. The question is how motivated are you to do the work?
Did you enjoy this quiz? Did your answers surprise you? Let me know what you think.
View all articles